12 May 2009

Pink Velvet!

So, I made this Pink Velvet Raspberry Cake at work the other day... check it out!
The roses were the most fun part, but I really liked doing the icing this way too :)

My boss coached me through the whole process of stacking the cake with the pillars inside, then taking it apart to cut it up (my least favorite part by far!). It was so nerve wracking! but it worked out just fine!

Here's a cross-section into the cake. The color baked a little funny. (I made a red velvet cake recipe but used half the amount of red food coloring to go for a pink color. When I've made this in the past it is definitely red all the way through with the normal amount of food coloring but this time around the edges it stayed brownish. Perhaps it's necessary to use a full amount to get an even color.)

Here's the product we sold at the bakery. Unfortunately cakes don't sell whole very well so I had to cut it up, which was really good practice as well.

What an adventure... the entire cake process.
Now, what to make next...

No comments: